An RPG site centered around the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Trees
by Lissy Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:12 pm

» Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all these year you'd like to meet.
by Jack Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 am

» Hermes Cabin
by Jack Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 pm

» Long Island Sound
by Jack Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

» EVENT ;; Genderbender
by Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:37 pm

» Nyx Cabin
by Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:36 pm

» Half-Blood Hill
by Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

» Elle Montgomery
by Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:43 am

» Khione Cabin
by Jack Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 pm

» The Creek
by Esmeey Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

What is an Activities Director?
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lissy
THEIR JOB ;;

Basically they are Wishie's and I's adviser. They will help with planning, setting up events and even information if needed, and whatever else may function around that sort of stuff.

CAN THEY MOD ;;

Lol no. Only in the events and information section. They're not like Wishie and I …

Comments: 0
What do you want to see?
Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 pm by Lissy
Now that everyone seems pretty comfortable and settled into the site, I'd like to bring up some ideas that have either been brought to me or I've wanted to do.

CAMP COUNSELORS:
I'm letting Ace explain this one (sorry for throwing you under the bus) because I cannot explain it how you …

Comments: 12
Color / Rank
Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm by Lissy
Alright, going to put this here to make life easier. Because I don't plan on this site being really big and full of lots of other people than the ones I've talked to or we've invited, I'm deciding to let each of you have the option to get a color for your name and a custom rank.

COLOR:
> Any …

Comments: 0

Share | 

Training Area~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:52 pm

-Mat-

Mat winced as the knives broke his skin, releasing half a dozen trickles of blood, but pinned on the ground with him on top of and behind him Falerina was going to have a hard time reaching anything important, and a bit of ambrosia would clear up the multitude of small cuts she'd given him. Unless there was poison on those blades, this fight was all but over. He shifted, pushing his knee into Falerina's back to drive the air out of her. "A quick lesson," he whispered into her ear. "Earlier, I asked you what kind of win it'd be if you took advantage of your powers. The answer is a good one. Any fight your side walks away from... That's a good fight, no matter how hard you had to cheat to get there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Falerina-
I wince a bit as a large sum of air was driven from my body. "I see." I managed to reply, using quite a bit of strength left in my body to drive the knife deep into his forearm, closing my eyes for a split second to think.

Got it.

I manage to grin, summoning a two knives that appeared quite normal in between my fingers. Lucky for me, though, they happened to be laced in Curare-- an ancient poison that originated in South America for blow-darts and happened to cause paralysis. Pushing one into the same arm, I wait for the toxin to react. Hopefully, this would do something because there is a chance that my stamina will run out here soon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:49 pm

-Mat-

Mat winced as the knives bit into his arm. Almost immediately, the wounds went numb. Poison. So much for that plan. He'd have to end things fast. He'd have to choke her out, keep blood from getting to her brain, that should take, what, thirty seconds, and then...

"And then you'll both be unconscious while you bleed out into the ground."

Mat blinked. That had been Annemarie's voice. He wondered if it was a side effect of the poison, the blood loss, or the fatigue from shadow-traveling. Maybe it was all three. It was the sort of thing she'd say, though. Mat always went too far, pushed himself too hard. She kept him stable. Had kept him stable. She'd been a good sister, a good...

"Enough," Mat said, and let Falerina go. "Nice thinking there. I give."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Falerina-
Yes! I sighed, relieved, as I was let go of. "Good match. If I hadn't used my powers you would've won." I said, standing up.
Back to top Go down
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:05 pm

-Mat-

"Thanks, but you would've won if I hadn't used mine first, so." He paused. "I may need some help up. There's ambrosia in my bag over there by my sword. Do you mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Falerina-
"Oh. Right." I said, walking over to his bag and picking up a few cubes of Ambrosia. I returned, handing the healing god food to him. "Sorry about that."
Back to top Go down
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:21 pm

-Mat-

Mat bit into a small square of ambrosia. The effect was immediate as his cuts began to scab over, his paralysis faded, and his mouth was flooded with the taste of Annemarie's devil's food cake, the one she'd made for his first birthday at camp. He stood, wincing slightly. "It's cool. Getting knocked down a bit's expected with this sort of match, especially against someone like you. You're probably the best knife fighter I've ever seen." He grinned. "Care to stick around? I've got a class to teach here in a few minutes, and you'd be more than welcome as a guest instructor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Falerina-
"Thanks. You're pretty good yourself, And I suppose so. I've got nothing to do as of now." I say, dusting my shirts and making the knife I still had out disappear.
Back to top Go down
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:49 pm

-Mat-

"Sounds good. While we wait, I can show you some basic sword forms--I think you could be really good with a light blade--and maybe you could help me suck less at knife-fighting?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Falerina-
"Well i'll certainly try. I'm not a very good teacher, although I will attempt to teach you. Who is going first-- to teach that is?" I say.
Back to top Go down
Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:32 am

-Mat-

"Well, based on the outcome of our bout, I seem to need the lesson more than you, so... Teach away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 am

"Alright so knife fighting... Hmm... If you want, I can attempt to teach you how to effectively throw a knife. Everything else is kind of mixture of timing and accuracy."
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 pm

~Diane
I shoot my last arrow at the final target, hitting one of the middle rings.

'Great,' I think to myself sarcastically, frustrated for more than having missed the target. Selene had been getting better over this past week and was probably going to be fully healed up in the next day or two, but I had made absolutely no progress even after all my practicing since talking to Alyssa. Shaping moonlight had completely stumped me, so much so that it was causing me to fail in other ways. I had barely been able to use my powers, and now it was affecting my sleep, my attitude, and even my skills of as Hunter. I threw the bow down to the ground and fell onto the dirt, looking up at the night sky. Constellations gleamed throughout the vast emptiness, and the waxing crescent moon was shining down from high above. Any other day I would've admired the beauty of the silence and peace of the night, but instead I closed my eyes, my thoughts overwhelming me.

'Why couldn't I shape the moonlight? Was I just not strong enough?'

'But you have, Diane. You just don't realize it,' a voice in my mind said, a quiet and timid sound in my angry and frustrated thoughts.

'What do you mean? The most I can do is collect it into an orb, but Alyssa can do so much...'

'Firstly, you are no daughter of Apollo. You already know the light of the sun is very different from the lunar rays over which you exhibit control. Secondly, that is not all. Have you not shaped your crescent blade from moonlight?'

Taken aback, I mutter aloud, "I suppose. But what does that matter? It was enchanted by my mother."

'Either way, you have accomplished the task. You are familiar with your sword, but molding moonlight is not something that will come easily to you, especially due to its rigid nature. Think of something you are familiar with, and you will begin to understand your power to shape the moon's light. Don't give up because you have encountered adversity, but instead rise above it and keep moving forward. I know you can.'

This voice... I knew it from somewhere. But where? It felt so familiar and calming and yet I couldn't place it. In any case, it seemed to have fallen quiet, letting me decide. Would I give up, or keep moving forward?

Even though I'd failed, I couldn't let that stop me. I would keep trying, and one way or another I would conquer this task. Picking up my bow, I go to retrieve my arrows when an idea pops into my head. Something I was familiar with...

Putting one hand out, I focus the light of the crescent moon into my hand, forming a small orb. Then I pictured it changing in my mind, shaping into something else. Slowly but surely, a change begins to take place, until at last the moonlight is molded into an arrow. Solidifying it, I pull the bowstring taut and after a drawn out breath, let it loose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syd
Aka Squid

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Falerina leaves after the lesson is over bc idek what to do
Back to top Go down
Kane
The Victor

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

~Jane~
I walked into the Arena, looking for a sparring partner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   

Back to top Go down

Training Area~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4